Sunday, May 17, 2015

Women Teaching

I don't know who originally wrote these thoughts or where I found them, but I've seen several posts this week about women, so I'm going to include this, for those who will read, pray, and seek . . .

From the Pope to various Messianics, some hold the opinion that women should not teach "spiritual matters" to men. Certainly, there is one verse that many interpret to support this position. Nevertheless, we know that any one verse can be used to support just about any position. (Peter's vision, for example.) We must look at the totality of Scripture.

If one holds the opinion that it is wrong for a woman to teach spiritual truths to men, then one must also conclude that Mary Magdalene and Priscilla were among Scripture's foremost sinners. Fortunately, that opinion is incorrect.

"Yeshua saith unto her, 'Touch me not; for I am not yet ascended to my Father: but go to my brethren, and say unto them, I ascend unto my Father, and your Father; and to my God, and your God.' Mary Magdalene came and told the disciples that she had seen the Lord, and that He had spoken these things unto her." (John 20:17-18)

"And a certain Jew named Apollos, born at Alexandria, an eloquent man, and mighty in the scriptures, came to Ephesus. This man was instructed in the way of the Lord; and being fervent in the spirit, he spake and taught diligently the things of the Lord, knowing only the baptism of John. And he began to speak boldly in the synagogue: whom when Aquila and Priscilla had heard, they took him unto them, and expounded unto him the way of God more perfectly." (Acts 18:24-26)

No comments:

Post a Comment